On June 30, the TIFF Bell Lightbox kicks off the exhibition Fellini: Spectacular Obsessions. Go watch 8 1/2 on the big screen, then use the Italian director’s visually iconic films for some style inspiration. Channel Fellini himself by mimicking his semi-autobiographical character Guido with thick-rimmed glasses, skinny ties, and a crisp white shirt. Emulate his irresistible screen sirens from the 50s and 60s with simple, sexy silhouettes that show of your shape with a throwback appeal.
1. Holly Readers ($14), available at Urban Outfitters.
2. Solid Skinny Tie ($125) available from John Varvatos.
3. White Shirt ($49.50), available at Gap.
4. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Off-The-Shoulder Dress ($485), available at net-a-porter.com.
5. Ribbon Knits Dress ($158), available at French Connection.
6. Kore Strapless Draped Dress, $378, available at BCBG.
La Dolce Vita photo courtesy of IMDB.com.
By: Sara Constantineau, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @sara_rochelle.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.