It turns out that the tragic Christmas gift you received from grandma last year is way cooler than you thought. The new fall/winter trend is about chunky sweaters in funky colours and patterns, as seen on the runways at Céline, Givenchy, Carven, Jil Sander, Joe Fresh and Proenza Schouler. Don’t be afraid to get a little quirky when it comes to your knits. Think bold, crazy prints, Fair Isle, animalia and bursts of colour for a look that keeps you warm and stylish when the weather is dark and dreary. For a flattering silhouette, pair your sweater with skinny jeans and your favourite cold weather booties.
1. Style inspiration: Jil Sander Fall 2011 RTW. Image courtesy of Style.com
2. Joe Fresh, Landscape Sweater ($79)
3.A.P.C. Ski sweater (approx. $263)
4. Roxy Alpine Sweater ($59.50)
5. ASOS Pull ($63.95)
6. Carven Gargoyle Knitted Intarsia sweater ($1130), at Net-a-Porter
7. H&M knit sweater ($34.95)
By: Sophia Loffreda, Montreal
You should follow me on Twitter @sloffreda.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.