A beach day is headed our way, whether it’s later than sooner. But when it comes, we best be ready. The ideal wear for a day at the beach is fresh, easy, bright and simple. There is no need for fuss or formal-wear – let’s keep it real ladies, please, but not equate this to boring. Look for coverups in crochet, bright colors, rompers, and shawls that can double as sarongs. There are many places online to teach you how to tie a plethora of sarong styles, so you can find the look that suits you best. A fantastic beach bag and hat will tie it all together for your accessories quota – we especially love this Tory Burch “Feed” bag with proceeds going to two charitable organizations… that alone will give you a glow. Who knew you could help people out by a day in the sun and look fabulous doing it?!
1. Joe Fresh Straw Fedora, $12
2. Tory Burch FEED Bag, $50, available at Holt Renfrew
3. Zinke Romper, $187, available at Shopbop
4. Anna Kosturova Crochet Dress, $259
5. Banana Republic Silk Scarf, $69
6. L*Space Camilla Dress, $148, available at Revolve Clothing
By: Kate Horsman of Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @lilkatehorsman.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.