Who said kicks were for kids? Time to dust off the old lace-ups from the back of the wardrobe and trade up for Fashion Week’s most elusive footwear option: the high-fashion sneaker. Pairing edgy high-tops with classic fashionable looks, this new style has captivated the attention of trendsetters and designers all over, and reached soaring heights in the fashion world with crazy-cool color combinations and flashy graphics from collections like Marc by Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang and Miu Miu. To pull off the ultimate high-top look, wear your sneakers with skinny jeans, leather pants, jeggings, or chic shorts and style with a classic white tee and a jean jacket, or add them to a flirty maxi dress for underdone, on-trend take. This sneaker fad is purely for aesthetics, not athletics, so try a studded high-top, snakeskin plimsoll, or a shoe that comes with a built-in wedge like the Isabel Marant “Betty” and wear them with everything! These new styles are high-fashion all the way – even the boys will want to come out and play.
Inspiration Image courtesy of News Fashion Trend
1. Miu Miu High-Top Sneakers, $495, available at Net-A-Porter
2. Isabel Marant Betty Sneakers, $680, available at Net-A-Porter
3. Ash Wedge Sneaker, $240, available at Jil Dor
4. ASOS Deny Wedge High-Top Sneakers, $78
5. Padula Wedge Sneaker, $190, available at Nasty Gal
6. Jeffrey Campbell Multi-Color Napoles, $196, available at Edge of Urge
By: Emily Gray, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @litlmissfashn.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.