It comes once a year and it invokes childhood nightmares of jaws – yes ladies and gents, shark week is here. Fear not, these heirlooms of the powerful predator may only do damage on your bank account – fair warning. In fashion terms, it first started with Givenchy, as the famous fashion house strutted shark tooth jewelry down the runway on a chain, super sized, or “megalodon” to be technical, as the accessory du jour, and these days, shark teeth inspired accessories are picking up a lot of steam. Perhaps its that nice balance of something so dangerous showcased so beautifully, or the nod to my very own love of surfer gear revamped, but whatever the reason, it is definitely a favorite new jewelry trend. Deszo by Sara Beltran makes a lovely assortment in necklaces and bracelets that feed into a playful and glamorous mix of the bad boy of bites – whichever designer you choose, the shark tooth is a must.
1. Inspiration Image: Givenchy Megaladon, courtesy of Ruby Marrow
2. ERose Jewellery, $130, available at Etsy
3. Pade Vavre Gold Sharks Tooth, $2760
4. Anita Ko White Sharks Tooth and Diamonds, $11,800, available at Moda Operandi
5. Deszo Sara Beltran, $795, available at Libertine and Barney’s
6. Disney Couture Shark Ring, $50
By: Kate Horsman of Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @lilkatehorsman.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.