Luckily for some of us, September just marks a new season and not a return to hitting the books. Having said that, there is a certain je ne sais quoi about academia inspired dressing, that has even us graduates taking on the collegiate style. To keep the whole look from veering into preppy overkill, opt for streamlined pieces like a fitted blazer with piping, skinny chinos, and a classic white button down. Pair them effortlessly with a colourful satchel, patterned smoking flats and classic jewelry – after all, this isn’t algebra, it’s just fashion.
1. Gap Ponte Academy Blazer, $88
2. Denver Hayes Perfectly Pressed Long Sleeve, $55, available at Mark’s
3. The Cambridge Satchel Company, $225, available at A2ZANE
4. Joie Day Dreaming Smoking Flats, $180, available at Shopbop
5. Michael Kors Mid-Size Chocolate Leather Strap, $167, available at Nordstrom
6. 7 For All Mankind The Slim Illusion Skinny in Ginger, $168
By: Gabi Pirraglia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @gabi_pirraglia.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.