Equestrian-inspired pieces have long been a standing staple among the fashion elite – especially as the leaves start to turn – and as such, no cool weather season would be complete without a tribute to the iconic shoe behind the look: the riding boot. While the classic version of this wardrobe fixture will never go out of favor, as an updated take on an old favorite, the riding boots available for Fall 2012 do not disappoint. With a rock and roll edge right on-trend, these new boots are a little bit country, and a whole lot fierce. Look for lavish hardware, patent or matte finish leather, high heel and ankle varieties, all in jet black tones and pair them with everything from skirts and dresses to skinny jeans and leggings. Time to get out of the stables, head downtown and admit once and for all, we are fashionistas and we are just a little bit bad-ass.
1. Tommy Hilfiger Boot with Leather Braid Detail, $248
2. Alexander McQueen McQ Chain Riding Boots, $800, available at Shopbop
3. BCBG MaxAzria Franz Riding Boot, $395 US
4. Tory Burch Calista High Heel Riding Boot, $525 US
5. J.Crew Emmett Wedge Ankle Boots, $318
6. Michael Kors Hamilton Boot, $283, available at Nordstrom
By: Elizabeth Pryde, Managing Editor, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @elizabethpryde.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.