With the rain, sleet and snow this time of year it can be tempting to dress exclusively in black, pairing everything and anything with the eternal neutral of the cold weather season. Temptations aside, a little style update is in order as Fall 2012 has brought with it not only a slew of must-have trends, but also a new neutral to live by: grey. With the same understated, chic and timeless appeal as black, grey offers fashion lovers a slightly softer way to anchor outfits and is universally flattering. Pair this hue flawlessly with colors and prints to create effortless visual interest, or wear shades of grey from head to toe for a high-style monochromatic look. The grey skies may be less than inspiring these days, but your grey fashion? Nothing but pure gorgeous.
1. Giuseppe Zanotti Cap Toe Flats, $562, available at Shopbop
2. Joe Fresh Slim Wool Pant, $49
3. J.Crew Nili Lotan Chunky Turtleneck Sweater, $540
4. Tory Burch Sparkle Suede Clutch, $305, available at Nordstrom
5. Burberry Printed Modal and Cashmere Scarf, $550 US, available at Net-a-Porter
6. H&M Tweed Dress, $25
By: Elizabeth Pryde, Managing Editor, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @elizabethpryde.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.