Valentines Day is a beautiful opportunity to celebrate your relationship, so wear a ‘look of love’ with something completely unexpected! It’s not everyday you have the chance to get dolled up and bring something new to the table, so with confidence, step out of your comfort zone for that special evening. Think back to when you first met your man, you always wanted to look your best and feel sexy whenever you both were together so bring that same excitement to your special night! Romance is fun to get dressed up in.
The little black dress is always a great choice, but with all the beautiful pieces made with different textures such as lace, feathers, leather and coloured with dramatic shades to bare a little skin in, you have an endless variety to play with! My number one piece of advice is be original. With that said, don’t wear what everyone else is wearing or feel that being sexy means showing a lot of skin, leaving more to the imagination is more exciting. For example, if you found a cute lace mini skirt, pair it with dark tights and black booties to lengthen your legs. Fresh trends to try right now are cutout dresses. I love the different styles they come in and a little peak of skin gives it a sexy edge. My favourite style of dress right now, similar to the cutout dress, are backless dresses, they’re sophisticated and timeless, especially with a fun updo! If you have more of a sporty style and dresses are not your thing, try a pair of leather shorts or leather pants! With a beautiful flowy top, cool shoes and a red lip, you’re bound to be irresistible. Stepping out of your comfort zone by trying different trends is exciting, but don’t feel you need to wear something you’re not comfortable in, be yourself because that is who he fell in love with in the first place.
1. Style Inspiration: Blake Lively at the Where the Wild Things Are Premiere, image courtesy of People
2. Kenneth Cole New York Ostrich Skirt, $140
3. Style Inspiration: Whitney Port at the Elle Magazine 19th Annual Women in Hollywood celebration, image courtesy of Hills 2 City
4. Alice and Olivia Beatrice Knit Short Sleeve A-line dress, $495
5. Style Inspiration: Emmy Rossum at a TCA summer tour party, image courtesy of Glamour
6. Rebecca Taylor Sleeveless Lace Dress, $410, available at Shopbop
By: Michelle Morton, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @MichelleEMorton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.