|Date Posted||Jul 04, 2012|
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of fashion, sales and marketing. We are a small company so you will be interacting one-on-one with the Owner/Buyer and given important and varied responsibilities. This is a HANDS ON experience that will provide you with the skills necessary to move forward in your career. This internship can lead to a paid full time position after a 6 month review.
We will provide you with the support you need to get up and running, and to ensure this is a rewarding experience for you. You will come away with an amazing experience on what it takes to build a successful business inside one of the fastest growing boutique start-ups!
• Responsibilities include organizing samples, gathering press clippings, general administrative tasks, preparing look books and other press
• You will also help to develop our branding strategy through contacting online fashion and print publications as well as take part in new design ideas and business ventures
• Research editorial blog content for our weekly Trends Report (research stories, products, gather facts, etc.). You will learn how to create an editorial plan and process to deliver weekly content on time.
• Social media: we are active on Twitter and Facebook. You would create a content plan for each platform.
• Research top Canadian designers as well as new international wholesale accounts to be considered for our product assortment, as well as schedule meetings to select new lines.
• Build a clear understanding of the fashion public relations industry.
• You will also be able to participate in the S/S 2013 Fashion Week shows in Toronto this upcoming September.
• Though this internship is unpaid, valuable experience and knowledge will be gained.
• Love Fashion + Beauty
• Be a Fast Learner that can take on Added Responsibility
• Have a Positive, Can-do attitude
• Energetic and passionate
• Organized and reliable
• Available to start immediately
• We are looking for candidates with prior fashion intern experience, available to work 3 days a week
• Understand (at a basic level) how brands use different social media platforms successfully (e.g. Facebook, twitter)
Send us an email with 1-2 short paragraphs on your background, and why you would be a great fit. Please include contact details in your email body and attach your CV/resume. We will be in touch for follow ups within a week.
Thank you for considering us!