|Date Posted||Sep 07, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
FASHION IS OUR OBSESSION AND CREATIVITY IS OUR FOUNDATION
Costa Blanca has established itself as a trusted retail experience for the fashion conscious who are looking for today’s styling of fashion apparel, footwear and accessories while keeping an eye on value. We pride ourselves on offering career opportunities within a creative shopping experience that entertains and inspires. Looking ahead within Costa Blanca, our expansion, renovations and fresh concepts will provide tremendous opportunity and we encourage you to join us as we grow. We are waiting to hear from you!
To ensure the consistency of the fit, specification, quality, and construction of garments are up to standards within a production timeline.
• Measure all samples for fit, and production against size specifications to ensure the desired fit against size specifications
• Develop/update Costa Blanca’s fit specifications to ensure consistency across all product offerings
• Analyze fit on live model and/or mannequins
• Make adjustments to samples to achieve desired look and fit
• Create fit sketches (by hand and/or using Adobe Illustrator) to illustrate the modifications to be made
• Develop patterns from sketches
• Clearly communicate in a timely manner any changes that need to be made to vendors
• Approve production samples at all stages with the Production manager
• Ensure quality standards are being met to company’s standards
• Follow up with vendors on production deadlines and communicate with production manager to confirm arrival of merchandise
• Resolve any production problems
• Strives to approve quality without affecting the value
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written in English), experience communicating with overseas Vendors
Desired Skills and Experience
• Must have experience working with Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of garment construction and design of women’s apparel
• 2-6 years’ experience as Fit Technician
• Experience with fitting procedures, pattern making
• Detailed oriented, with accuracy and precision
• Ability to read and interpret documents and manual procedures.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence.
• Consistently generates creative, resourceful solutions to problems
• Good visual sense and creativity
• Ability to work both in a collaborative team and independently
Our Responsibilities to You
• Provide potential for professional growth and career advancement
• A competitive compensation package, including a benefits package
• Employee discount program