|Date Posted||Jul 26, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The ideal candidate should have a strong design point of view infused with a balanced fashion sensibility, contemporary style, and a passion for the OAK + FORT brand. He/she must also possess a senior level of the design process knowledge from start to finish, sketching skills, styling, fashion merchandising and the development of seasonal collections.
If you have an eye for fashion research, color and trend sourcing, inspire great design concepts, and have a razor sharp creative ability, then OAK + FORT is the place for you!
Please visit oakandfort.com to review current collections and to get a better understanding of the brands mission.
ABOUT THE BRAND:
OAK + FORT is a lifestyle, dedicated to a fused culture of art, fashion and exploration. Living as leaders and visionaries, our mission is to provide quality apparel and be a catalyst for new innovations and creativity.
With our garments purchased from a range of designers amongst an international basis, we reinforce seasonal collections by having our in-house designers bridge collections together with our own designs. We strive to provide garments that make statements without having to speak.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Must have at least 2+ years of professional experience as a Fashion Designer
• Must have expert knowledge of graphic assets tools like Photoshop, *Illustrator, etc.
• Superior sketching and illustration skills.
• Immaculate presentation skills from concept to completion.
• Must be a self-starter; should be able to work independently and within a team environment.
• Strong communication skills (verbal/written) and a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to conceptualize and execute a project from beginning to end.
• Highly organized, deadline driven and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize and accommodate changes.
• Must have a can-do attitude and strong work ethics.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Macintosh applications.
• Design and organize all groups for current collections.
• Source new fabrics & trims.
• Attend all sample and production fittings.
• Manage associate and assistant designers.
• Conduct market research and shop for inspiration.
• Ensure all sample lines are executed properly.
• Work with pre-production to solve problems.
• Present all seasonal inspirations, concepts, fabric, embellishment, and product ideas.
• Oversee development calendar in conjunction with Production Manager.
• Sketch and illustrate beginning concepts and final designs.
• Create initial detail sheets, tech packages, and sketches to launch designs and concepts.
• Research, select, manage and work with external vendors for sample development including print, pattern, sew, and embellishment resources.
• Work with external partners, pattern-makers & sewing contractors, on sewing details and new development.
• Lead all Development fittings and partner with production on future needs.
• Follow the development and production cycle/timelines to ensure all technical deadlines are met.