|Date Posted||Jun 19, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
In the heart of Queen West lies fashion powerhouse, Show Room. With over 10,000 sq. ft., 5000 pairs of jeans and over 40 brands to choose from it has become the one stop shop for all fashion conundrums, addictions and necessities.
Fashion know it alls, Retail management grads, OCAD students, PR whiz kids, fashionistas… bring your talents and taste to our team and become a part of the Show Room culture. If you live and breathe fashion and are superb with customers, we want to meet you. Find your starring role at Show Room and apply for the Store Manager Position.
• Creates and fosters a culture that ensures the customer is the focus of all activities.
• Makes strategic business decisions based on long and short-term objectives and global perspective ensuring alignment to Company initiatives.
• Exercises independent judgment and discretion in establishing business objectives and in driving and delivering results.
• Develops business strategies and delivers results for the store through managing merchandising, visual, operations and finance.
• Leverages systems, while understanding the processes and procedures necessary to get results
• Creates total store schedules to ensure they support business needs.
• Measures and monitors progress and results against key targets.
• Embraces company driven promotional and marketing campaigns that support the brand.
• Drives shortage elimination culture throughout store.
• Performs Manager on Duty responsibilities including opening and closing the store.
• Opens and closes the store in accordance with company standards.
• Monitors daily payroll planner when opening store, and adjusts schedule accordingly.
• Practices and ensures all company policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensures leaders and associates utilize recovery practices to minimize external loss.
• Executes all activities related to Risk Management & Safety Procedures.
• Ensure store meets Store Compliance Audit requirements.
• Ensure store is compliant with daily cleaning according to the best practices.
• Ensures brand integrity in all aspects of sales floor presentation.
• Maintains an efficient, service friendly environment.
• Partners closely with Assistant Store Manager(s) on team selection decisions.
• Accurately assesses the team and individuals performance providing the appropriate level of performance feedback.
• Stimulates growth in self and others through coaching, training, and development conversations.
• Assembles and develops high-performing teams.
• Attracts, recruits, and hires high caliber talent.
• Builds a creditable succession plan with strong talent pipeline.
• Addresses poor performance, initiates and administers corrective action when necessary and ensures timely follow-up.
• Develops team to execute company programs and processes by prioritizing, simplifying and following up to achieve desired results.
• Invests time in people development through accurate skill assessments and utilizes company tools to nurture growth for team as well as for self.
• Retains and personally mentors great team members.
• Develops direct reports by delegating appropriate tasks and responsibilities.
• Keeps team and self-focused on what's important and communicates clear objectives.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Only person’s whom have had FASHION retail experience with brands will be considered.
• Minimum 1 year of retail management experience.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to manage between 15 to 35 sales staff.
• Demonstrated ability to assess, develop and retain talent.
• Knowledgeable of trends and changes in market/retail landscape.
• As Show Room is a multi-brand store, candidate must be able to provide staff with sale goals for each brand and motivate staff to reach these goals.
• Work closely with management and vendors to come up with creative promotions and events for staff and customers.
• Established time management prioritization and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead functional teams to deliver results.
• Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization.
• Proven performance management skills.
• Demonstrated high level of integrity.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store personnel.
• Maneuver effectively around sales floor, stock room and office.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, evening and weekend shifts.
• Has an already established client base.
• Overnight travel occasionally required.
• Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, Retail Pro software and various software packages including MS office.
Applicants must submit their application – including motivation, resume and photo.
Send your application to: email@example.com
In the subject line please write: Show Room Store Manager