Lace traditionally embodies an overtly feminine aesthetic, but recently the fabric has become much more wearable, casual, and even edgy. For summer, it has showed up on everything from maxi-dresses, to crop tops and shorts, amplified by modern accents like scalloped edges or laser cutouts. No longer reserved for girlish glamour, the trend now takes on a more subversive vibe. Take a cue from Kate Bosworth, who rocked a head-to-toe white lace look at this season’s Coachella festivities. Minimally accessorized with ankle boots and aviators, the style muse looks equal parts boho and nouveau. Shop my favourite summer ready pieces below.
1. Style Inspiration, Kate Bosworth at Coachella, image via style.com
2. Free People Scalloped Lace Skort, $79.77
3. ASOS Love Lace Skirt and Crop Top, $52.40 and $48.90
4. Zara Cut-Out Faux Leather Top, $79.90
5. Nasty Gal Scalloped Lace Crop Top, $32.10
6. H&M Sleeveless Top, $49.95
7. Talula Maywood Shorts, $48, available at Aritzia
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.