It’s impossible to find a bad photo of Olivia Palermo, whether she’s dolled up at an event or snapped by paparazzi while running errands in the streets of New York; Ms. Palermo is always put together nicely. After much fashionable admiration, I finally determined how she does it, and no, you don’t need the fortune of a socialite to accomplish her style.
Complimenting her body, Olivia wears classic pieces that are tailored to fit properly, when you have a variety of these staples to choose from your outfit is almost foolproof. Next, experiment with colours! Playing with colours and mixing prints will divide you from the crowd and exude originality. The final touches is my favourite step to bring a look together, by adding dramatic accessories, such as vintage jewelry and belts, you have the power to dress up an outfit effortlessly.
1. Style Inspiration: Olivia Palermo at a Montblanc event, image courtesy of InStyle
2. Style Inspiration: Olivia Palermo street style, image courtesy of InStyle
3. BCBG MAXAZRIA Natalia Cropped Jacket, $188
4. Malene Birger Bikum Bib Necklace, $204, available at Shopbop
5. Rebecca Minkoff Mabel Strappy Booties, $340, available at Shopbop
6. H&M Blue Clutch, $20
By: Michelle Morton, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @MichelleEMorton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.