It’s officially Spring and I can’t be more excited! Mixing bright colours into outfits inspired by the sunshine is what we’ve been waiting for since the beginning of fall. With that said, the transition from winter to springtime can be an adventurous period to play with different looks. The key word now is “layering.” My favourite way to reintroduce spring fashion into our everyday lives is layering those pieces with winter staples, because it’s still far too cold to sporting short dresses, however, by adding a cool leather jacket, tights and booties- it’s a whole different look you can get away with now. Another fun look to play with is rolling up boyfriend jeans with funky pumps and tops layered with warm winter cozy sweaters! Being practical and stylish can go hand and hand this time of year, so why not experiment and have a little fun?
1. Style Inspiration: Lauren Conrad wearing a leather jacket and spring dress, photo courtesy of lovelyish
2. Mackage Lauren Jacket, $595, available at Aritzia
3. Style Inspiration: Knit sweater, boyfriend jeans and strappy shoes, photo courtesy of laurenconrad
4. Aldo Musilova shoes in ICE, $155
5. Rag & Bone The Dash Slouchy Skinny Jeans, $234, available at shopbop
6. Free People Bonita Ribbed Up Cardigan Dress, $83, available at shopbop
By: Michelle Morton, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @MichelleEMorton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.