As much as I love dressing up in layers to walk Mother Nature’s cold catwalk, the thought of warm weather and sunshine is more exciting! Last year florals and pastels were quite large, however, those colours and prints are always “in” for spring weather. This year is going to be different. Bold neon colours, cutouts, mixing monochromatic prints and lace are the new trends for Spring 2013. To say that I am excited for the new season would be an understatement because these looks add their own individual edge. Outfits will speak loud without words accompanying the sunshine with a variety of bright colours, not only with clothes, but shoes and accessories. The cutout trend is a fun way to show a little bit of skin, mixing black and white prints brings a funky edge or add lace for an elegant touch! Luckily the new spring trends are beginning to come out now, making it easy to layer with your winter wardrobe! Why wait any longer to bring a little sunshine into your life?
1. Style Inspiration: Kerry Washington and Blake Lively, image courtesy of InStyle
2. BCBG Meteur Cutout Wooden-Wedge Sandal, $250
3. Style Inspiration: Jason Wu Spring/Summer Collection 2013, image courtesy of Elle
4. Victoria’s Secret Crossback Lace Dress, $80
5. Style Inspiration: Kate Bosworth at a Topshop event, image courtesy of My Daily
6. Dolce Vita Ives Dress, $288, available at Shopbop
7. Social Experiment Neon Rings, $28 each, available at Etsy
By: Michelle Morton, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @MichelleEMorton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.