Revive the renaissance era this season with brocade motifs, sumptuous fabrics, rich tapestries, and ornate embellishments for fall’s most dramatic and prominent trend that has designers and fashionistas alike going for baroque. Elaborate trimmings and gilded accents add to the opulence and lavishness of this beautiful baroque period trend that will have you donning 17th century inspired duds with old world flair. Elevate this European charm with palatial adornments like gleaming jewels, ornamented filigrees and embossed prints for ultimate decadence a la Dolce & Gabbana. Luxe metallics offer a royal high polish shine to everyday looks if you’re not up to this over the top and excessive trend. To achieve a style status that is of grandeur quality, don intricate beaded pieces and opulent embroidery with plush velvets or silk satins for a copious contrast. For a modern twist on this old world look pair extravagant trimmings with lustrous leather for a sleek and sexy contemporary look. Step aside minimalism, fall’s beautiful baroque is reigning supreme this season.
1. Style Inspiration: Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. Rare Sequin Cap Sleeve Dress, $62, available at Topshop
3. J Brand Brocade Skinny Jeans, $390, available at Farfetch
4. Lipsy Baroque Mesh Top, $40
5. Tibi Baroque Print Skirt, $153, available at Boutique1
6. Topshop Velvet Boots, $98
7. Tarina Taratino Baroque Earrings, $88, available at Endless
8. Dorothy Perkins Baroque Cross Necklace, $22
9. Santi Jewelled Clutch, $313, available at Endless
By: Megan Correia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.