Miuccia Prada’s womenswear collection for Autumn Winter 2013 captured the designer’s vision of “raw elegance” through disheveled glamour. Models strutted down the runways, hair unkempt and lips rouged, to a Hitchcock Heroine film noir music motif. The look juxtaposes high and low elements, where vintage silk slips pair effortlessly under tailored coats and luxe furs. Waistlines are nipped and shoulders exposed, riffing on Fourties’ style silhouettes. To channel Miuccia’s vision, pair plush pieces like Club Monaco’s faux fur vest over a simple black dress, or a rich leather skirt under a cable knit cardigan. Metallic embellishments add an edgy finishing touch here, transcending these ensembles between late night and early morning. As always, this Prada girl is modern, mysterious and perfectly undone.
1. Style Inspiration: Prada Fall Winter 2013, image courtesy of WWD
2. Club Monaco Faux Fur Vest, $70
3. Wilfred Duroc Dress, $110, available at Aritzia
4. LD Tuttle Metallic Sandals, $561, available at Shopbop
5. Warehouse Pleat Lace Dress, $93, available at ASOS
6. Club Monaco Skinny Belt, $29
7. Alexander Wang Pelican Satchel, $1,265, available at Shopbop
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.