According to the Chinese Zodiac, those born in the year of the Snake possess an enigmatic charm and inherent affinity to beauty and style. Their seductive demeanor and aptitude for transformation naturally prepares these creatures for the fast-paced world of fashion – after all snakes are chameleons that shed their skin cyclically. Side note: They are also said to have a knack for fortune in the finance department, so shopping should be an easy feat!
Whether you were born under this sign or not, 2013 is the year to bear the reptile’s charm. How perfect, then, are these serpent inspired pieces from Wear Else? In anticipation of the New Year, I chose my favourite Lunar looks from Rebecca Taylor, Bloch London, Equipment and Christopher Kon to keep you python-pretty and, because eight is a lucky number in Chinese culture, I thought I would spread the good fortune by restricting my picks it to just eight items.
1. Rebecca Taylor Snake Print Blouse in Buff Combo, $285
2. Rebecca Taylor Python Pants in Black, $298
3. Rebecca Taylor Python Dress in Stone, $498
4. Equipment Capri Cotton Shirt with Contrast in Bright White/Fawn Python, $215
5. Equipment Sloane Crew in Classic Green Python, $395
6. Equipment Sloane Crew in Electric Blue Python, $395
7. Bloch Serena Flats, $220
8. Christopher Kon Jordie Snake Hobo, $398
All items available at Wear Else
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.