As soon as we are ready to bid adieu to winter coats in order to make way for spring, the fall fashion shows begin. And once again, we crave the winter season. This is the dilemma of every fashion-lover, but we anticipate the future months regardless by adding to our fall shopping wish lists. I’ve chosen a few of my favourites from the New York collections below (in no particular order).
1. Alexander Wang undoubtedly remains a fashion favourite, with his constant reinvention and play on textures (see: bomber jackets-meets-poncho hybrids, fur blazers and sweaters-turned capes). To top it off, Wang showed accessories to die for!
2. 70′s aren’t going anywhere. BCBG Max Azria brings us another season of dropped hemlines and minimalism.
3. One of my favourite collections was from Cushnie et Ochs, who embodied a juxtaposition between a call to nature and sexiness. Body-conscious dresses were paired with fringe, elastic boning and completed with a feather in hair.
4. The Row put on a show that once again proved why the Olsen Twins remain on my list of style favourites. Decadent furs, tailored suits, divine dresses and impeccable styling made this collection one to remember.
5. I love androgynous looks and I love Rad Hourani. The Canadian designer worked his signature unisex pieces with perfect draping and expert tailoring in beautiful wools and leathers.
6. Rachel Roy’s fall line was whimsical and feminine with an urban flair. I loved the layered looks: full skirts, cozy sweaters and structured blazers were finished with a hint of fur and texture.
By: Valerie Tiu, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @valerietiu.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.