Tired of being referred to as “plain Jane” or is that even a name you have self-awarded to yourself? Sometimes, that fresh mental outlook is in need of some physical revamping. A change in wardrobe selections, colour palette and even hairstyle can sometimes be just what you’re calling for, after some sort of change happening in other aspects of your life. Think of it as a physical outlet for releasing some of that enclosed tension. To release this, try these bold ideas below and feel yourself unleash from your comfort zone.
1. We Work Out: Okay, so maybe you don’t work out. Fitness guru or not, this sporty girl look is fun and flirtatious, and fit for those who love to look effortlessly chic!
2. Le Freak: If you’re typically a more muted dresser when it comes to colour and shape of the garments you wear, indulge in a more eccentric look adding neon hues and irregular lines. It’ll sure have others look at you in a different light, literally.
3. Rebel, Rebel: Naturally a good girl at heart? Returning to school with more of a “wild child” look, may be good for giving classmates a little bit of intimidation. It’s good to keep them guessing, and also, may be good for proving you’re not one to be walked all over.
4. Pop Art: As a pop art enthusiast and twiggy admirer, if your goal in 2013 is to be more environmentally friendly or to promote more love and respect, then you may be finding yourself seeking touch with a blast from the past: the mod 60s.
5. Cultural Escapade: Whether you’ve been outside of your own country or not, there is a new way to travel to various ends of the earth with style. A safari look was seen at Kenzo, Etro, MaxMara and Gucci, taking us on a trip through the outback at home base. Adventurous girl or not, this utility trend plays with colour, texture, print, graphics and shape.
1. Sporty Chic from Victoria Beckham Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of Lyst
2. Sporty Chic from Rag & Bone Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of Lyst
3. Eccentric Electric from DKNY Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of dusktilldolls.com
4. Eccentric Electric from Moschino Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of typeandtalk
5. Sleek and Sexy from Dion Lee Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of iletaitunefois
6. Sleek and Sexy from Helmut Lang Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of Citizenchic
7. Mod Child from Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of Trendland
8. Mod Child from Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of InStyle
9. World Traveler from Etro Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of Lyst
10. World Traveler from Kenzo Spring/Summer 2013, image courtesy of Magazine Matilo
By: Jenn McNaughton, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @JennMcNaughton.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.