In response to last week’s post on west coast style, I’ve scoured the racks to find pieces that fit the aesthetic of the east coast girl. While west coasters thrive on undone glamour, our eastern counterparts are heavy on crisp classics. Looks are slightly more tailored, and put together – take a cue from style maven Olivia Palermo who never seems to get it wrong (don’t miss her video for the Outnet here.) While she exudes easy style, not unlike California girls Nicole Richie or Kate Bosworth, she focuses on timeless essentials like Breton striped blouses, tailored trenches, A-line skirts and stiletto pumps. Easterners always seem to have a more cosmopolitan air about them compared to west coast girls, a more structured look, and it shows head-to-toe.
1. Anthropologie Piped Peplum Blouse, $88
2. Club Monaco Alice Double-Knit Dress, $150
3. Zara Blazer with Box Shoulder, $159
4. Club Monaco Striped Cotton Shell, $40
5. Michael Kors Oversized Watch, $294, available at Shopbop
6. J. Crew Tartine Purse, $180
7. Babaton Alvin Shorts, $110, Aritzia
8. Zara Leather Court Shoe, $100
By: Ali Leier, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @alileier.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.