Relive the roaring 20s as a fabulous flapper. This modern feminine trend puts the great back into the Great Gatsby by reviving the golden jazz age with art deco inspiration. Designer collections like Gucci, Christian Dior and Alberta Ferretti were reminiscent of the new opulent 20s woman. The glitz and glam of the era can be achieved with drop waist dresses, fringe details, pleats, art deco designs like geometric shapes and lines along with the sparkle and shine of sequins, shimmery fabrics and lustrous metallics. Opt for silhouettes that skim the body as true flapper style has that boyish charm mixed in with flirty, femininity. To reinvent the fresh flapper look it’s all about clothing contours, delicate details and luxe embellishments in soft hues.
So here’s to hearing the 20s roar once more!
1. Style Inspiration: Gucci Spring 2012 Ready-To-Wear collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. Free People Sequin Tank Top, $128 USD, available at Lord & Taylor
3. BCBG MaxAzria Portia Crystal-Mesh Minaudiere, $198 USD
4. Oscar de la Renta Short Tassel Earrings, $345 USD
5. Zara Multi-Fringe Skirt, $59.90
6. Kate Spade Crete Shoes, $162 USD
7. French Connection Sparkle Hour Dress, $288
8. House of Holland Fringe Dress, $342, available at ASOS
By: Megan Correia, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.