There is something about those horizontal stripes that give a feeling of ease, comfort and nautical living. Whether you’re getting ready to head out into the open sea or not, don’t be afraid to add some stripes to your wardrobe. Try drawing some inspiration from the slew of designers that used this pattern in their Spring/Summer 2013 runway shows including Dolce & Gabbana, Moschino and Ralph Lauren, just to name a few. Though not all the pieces they debuted fall into the nautical category, one thing is clear, this season, stripes have made a huge come back and they’re here to stay.
1. Vivienne Westwood Red Label Spring/Summer Runway 2013, image courtesy of Elle
2. Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer runway 2013, image courtesy of Elle
3. Paul & Joe Spring/Summer runway 2013, image courtesy of Elle
4. Moschino Spring/Summer runway 2013, image courtesy of Elle
5. Lacoste Spring/Summer runway 2013, image courtesy of Elle
6. Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti 2013, image courtesy Elle
By: Layan Barakat , Toronto
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.