You say you want a style revolution for 2013 so begin the New Year by transporting yourself back in time to a high-spirited era that’s mad for mod. The swinging 60s make their return this year with retro brilliance that’s a bold blast from the past.
Looking through your rose coloured lenses, you’ll gain perspective on the eccentric era that brought notable new style to life. From pop art to futuristic mod to the happy, yet haute hippie, fashion looks back to this revolutionary decade with no shortage of reference points. Start the year off embracing this retro revival by turning back the clock with 60s reminiscent clear-cut patterns, high-contrast colours, blunt silhouettes and wild geometric prints.
To join the mod squad, give a nod to the carefree, youthful vibe emanated by the decade with graphic mod prints, decorative flower power embellishments, swing coats and geometric shifts that’ll easily take you from winter to spring, and back again, with the slip of an opaque pair of black tights to relieve fashionable nostalgia with Twiggy-like proportions.
As you take a psychedelic trip down memory lane, you’ll be left feeling and looking extra groovy in go-go girl glamour as the 60s return with a modern makeover for 2013, proving that eras gone by can still be hip and totally current.
1. Style Inspiration: Moschino Spring/Summer 2013 Collection, image courtesy of Style.com
2. Topshop A-Line Sixties Swing Coat, $53
3. Juicy Couture Pleated Dress, $180, available at Shopbop
4. Jeffrey Campbell Bootie, $164, available at Solestruck
5. The Row Clear Frame Sunglasses, $440, available at Marissa Collections
6. AWear Peterpan Collar Blouse, $35
7. Diane von Furstenberg Houndstooth Skirt, $95, available at Matches
8. Blu Bijoux Enamel Earrings, $22, available at Max & Chloe
9. Coach Eyelet Leather Bag, $188
By: Megan Correia, Managing Editor, Toronto
You should follow me on Twitter @MeganAlyssaC.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.